Monday, August 5, 2013

Green, Brown, & Blue...and other news!

Green















Brown










Blue



The colors of my girls eyes. And I'm sure their personalities are just as different as their eyes. ( If I sound unsure it is because my 10 mo old's personality is showing up now but I can just imagine how different she is than the other 2.)

As I was getting my 3 girls ready the other day for ....who knows what, I started realizing the humor of God for me to be a mom of 3 girls!

Now, some of you might say,
"Oh Charlotte, you are the perfect mom for girls.













You seem so girly yourself." Well, yes, you are right. I do like girly things. Bows in the hair, pretty dresses, hot pink and polka dots. HOWEVER, dealing with "cliques & cattiness" is NOT up my ally!

My 2nd grader, Miranda, began dealing with some of it towards the end of her school year in may. Growing up, I did not confront friends when I needed to. I totally stayed on the safe side, (peaceful, go with the flow, laugh at jokes I didn't get, pretend I didn't even notice when my best friend ditched me for an apparent better friend...even though a few weeks earlier, she couldn't stand her)....I just didn't want to cause issues. I avoided it at all costs.I would pretend everything was ok when it was NOT!

I mean....
2 words totally derived from fear
 I confronted that person and they said really mean things to me and just went on their way anyway. Well, that would hurt even more. So lets just play it on the safe side and not say anything and act like all is well and forget how I feel like you ditched me and now I feel rejected and lonely and bla, bla, bla.

It would be really easy to feel like I'm the only one that has ever experienced this but I am sure I am not.

I say all that to say that some of those memories came back to me as I endeavored to help my daughter deal with relationships that were turning cliquey,catty, and just plain mean at school.

I like the males perspective (for the most part) on dealing with life and relationships. For the most part, they don't even notice things and if they do, they "fix it and forget it."

So to say I have 3 girls and 3 WONDERFUL opportunities to guide them through some of this...is well, "me Lord"??? I'm not quite sure I'm qualified...then again, He never did ask! :))

Plus, this does not include how I'm supposed to teach them how to cook
 Say WHAT???

keep the house tidy and in order
YIKES!

eventually teach them all things makeup

HA HA!

and put their hair in pretty buns and french braids

HELP MOMMY!!!
Ok...with the grace of God this part is not near as much the big deal as teaching them all things


 However, I do have to say, God has been SO faithful to show me who I am in Christ and I see life and people differently....in HIS way, not mine. God has taken me from the pit and set me high upon a rock. He is my friend that sticks closer than a brother. He has been SO, SO, SO faithful to me, especially when I didn't deserve it. I am still learning and growing in the area of being open and honest with my relationships (except with my husband, have NO problem telling him where to get off;) I have not arrived but I am most definitely not in the place I used to be!

So anyways, I thank you Lord for your grace upon me to do the job you have called me to do and I am excited to be a mom of 3 gorgeous girls.

I really am having fun being a mom of these 3 precious nose pickers! ;)

IN OTHER NEWS....
I'm going to pretend it hasn't been 2 1/2 mo since I last wrote in here. Not going to speak about it. NO...absolutely not! (I will admit it has been on my mind...ALOT!!!)


We celebrated Raegan's 5th birthday. She wanted a water party with a Lalaloopsy cake! :)



She is one sweet girl with LOTS of personality!!!

 We conquered 4 weeks of swim lesson..they are masters at it!



 We went to Minnesota to my cousin Rosalie's wedding and we had TONS of fun!

Isn't she gorgeous? Huh? There's a guy in pic? Oh yeah, he looks pretty good too! :)))
These pics make me laugh!
My girls had LOTS of FUN cousin time!
AND now, we are back to school!!!


ONE LAST THING....
I have several ideas on my heart regarding this blog and things to blog about. I am waiting, praying, and writing it out and you will soon see what I mean...

SO STAY TUNED! :))))

Till Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment