Saturday, February 23, 2013

God's love through Tatum's eyes...

YES! I finally get to blog!!! There is always something to do when you have a 24/7 job but I am taking a break to blog!!! (Or maybe I should say I am sacrificing a few hours of precious sleep to blog.) I'm really getting into this blogging thing.


So my little 5 month old...

TATUM BELLA

brought me to tears this past week. The other day, she was in her swing crying to get out. It was her nap time so I was ignoring her, hoping she would fall asleep while I was trying to get something done around the house.
BTW, I do feel like this most of the time (minus the dog and cat)

After minutes went by, I could see nap time was not coming so I picked her up and sat with her on the recliner. As I looked in her eyes, with tears still falling from her eyeballs dripping down off her cheeks,

This is not Tatum, but she does those poochy lips often

she gave me this absolute sweet "I ADORE YOU MOM" smile and tears immediatly swelled up my eyes. I didn't deserve her smile and adoration. For all she knew, I was completely ignoring her for no purpose when she was crying out for my attention as she sat in the swing. I would've completely understood if after I picked her up, she would've given me the cold shoulder because she thought I didn't want to hold her. But instead, she was giving me this adoring smile.

At that moment, I could sense God speaking to my heart. "This is how I look at you Charlotte, ALL THE TIME,not just when you do everything right, but even when you ignore ME." He doesn't punish me in any way, He just LOVES me. (Romans 2:4 God's GOODNESS leads us to repentance)

Talk about a WOW moment with God and Tatum. THANK YOU GOD FOR GIVING ME A LITERAL PICTURE OF YOUR LOVING EYES LOOKING AT ME! (I need to remember all this when I am mad at myself for those rare times I am not perfect.

 Oh,Wait a second, I wrote that wrong. I mean, I need to remember those loving eyes looking at me all day long as I am RARELY
. Yeah, that sounds right. ;)



Oh, and UPDATE ON MY DIRTY BATHROOMS:

I cleaned them this week....
Notice I have 3 rolls of toilet paper waiting for you...or a bag of baby wipes if you prefer!
 So if you come over to my house, not only will there be enough toilet paper for you, the toilet seats will be sparkling....(nothing brown stuck on them....hopefully) ;)

Till Next Time!




1 comment:

  1. WOW Charlotte! What a God moment.... What a blessing children are to us and when God speaks to us through them it is even more outstanding! Thank you for reminding me that there are many things that God can speak through... especially our children.

    ReplyDelete